"" Writer's Wanderings: The Flight of the Bumble Bee

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Flight of the Bumble Bee

Outside in the cool refreshing morning air, I sipped my second cup of coffee and finished my devotional reading. Instead of getting right up and going inside to my computer, I took a few minutes to take in my surroundings.

We have a beautiful backyard full of trees with a lake that sits on property behind us. The sun was filtering through the trees casting its bright and dark green patterns on the grass. The flowers I have in pots on the deck (to keep them out of the reach of our neighborhood deer) were lifting their dewy faces to the morning sun. And in one pot, there was a bumble bee already busily at work.

This was not a honey bee, so I knew it wasn't gathering pollen for manufacture. It was going from blossom to blossom doing the job God gave it--pollinating, spreading the pollen from one flower to another to insure that there would be more blooms in the plant's future.

God has given believers a job as well. Like the bumble bee, He wants us to spread His love, His word, His plan, His grace. Like the bumble bee, He has given us many blossoms in our flight path. So, don't just stop to smell the roses, do a little pollinating too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...