"" Writer's Wanderings: And a Grandma Too!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And a Grandma Too!


Every time I think back to a radio interview I had a couple of years ago when we were promoting A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts, I have to smile. The host discovered that I am a scuba diver and a grandmother as well. He conjured up this picture of a white haired little old lady in scuba gear sitting in a rocker.

Well, the white hair is really gray underneath the L'Oreal Havanna Brown and I spent more time in a rocker when my own kids were little and not sleeping through the night than I do now. I do strap on the scuba gear a couple of times a year and plunge into the wonderful underwater world of adventure. It's not a glamorous hobby but it is fun.

There are few grandmas in this day and age that fit the little-old-white-haired-lady-in-the-rocker image but I'm sure I'll eventually get closer to that.

Today I'll be talking with Brenda Nixon at the Parent's Plate about grandparenting. How do you parent the parents of your grandkids? What are some great things to do with your grandkids? How are you an influence in their lives? Tune in live at 10 a.m. (ET)or revisit the website on Wednesday and listen to the podcast. What could be more fun than being a grandma?--not even scuba diving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...