"" Writer's Wanderings: Packing Personality

Monday, August 16, 2010

Packing Personality


Are you one of those people who love to take quizes to find out more about yourself? There are plenty of them that float around Facebook. I don't normally take them although I have been known to answer a few in women's magazines when I'm bored. I found one online that piqued my interest as I was looking for some travel tips to post. It's at Independent Traveler.com and defines your packing personality. It then refers you to a list of suggested tips to help you with your packing problems.

Although some of the choices for answers didn't quite fit me, I muddled through and found that I am a "last-second light-weight packer." I wish the light-weight description refered to my body weight but alas, they meant the weight of my luggage. We have pared back a bit to keep from paying too much in luggage fees although sometimes it's made up in laundry fees. Still, it's easier to lug a lighter bag and do laundry than to schlep a heavy large piece when you are traveling about the countryside.

Independent Traveler also has a ready-made interactive packing list that might be helpful to those who are overwhelmed by the prospect of packing for a trip. These are not all necessary for a trip. You'd need a truck to cart all of it. Instead you pick and choose according to your needs and destination. Then you can print it out and have a guide to follow.

If you travel as much as we do, you can develop a list of your own and not have to start from scratch each time. Hmmm. I think it's time to quit here and take my own advice. Happy trails!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...