"" Writer's Wanderings: Sunday Morning Worship Thoughts

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sunday Morning Worship Thoughts

On the East End of Grand Cayman there is a large population of land crabs. Once in a while you see them scurrying from under one bush to another but usually they don't come out until dusk when the sun is setting. That is when you see the really large ones. When you approach them they instantly raise their claws as if they were saying, "Put up your dukes!" They always seem ready for a fight.

Last week when I spoke at my church, I talked about God Moments--those times when God uses everyday things or sometimes not so everyday to give us insights and inspiration. Seeing one of those feisty land crabs this week gave me one of those moments. How often have I raised my "dukes" and tried to fight with God over things instead of welcoming His presence into my life? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...