"" Writer's Wanderings: Creative Travel Journaling - The Journal

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Creative Travel Journaling - The Journal

We've been looking into travel journaling for a time now and hopefully you've done some homework and have tried some of the things I suggested. Once you have collected your notes, your pictures, all the things you want to keep as memories you need--the journal!

There are lots of ways to compile all these things. If you only want a written version of your travel adventure, you could buy a nice journal with blank pages, a good pen and perhaps a box to store it in. If you like using a computer like I do (my handwriting is atrocious) you could simply use your word processing program to create a file for your travel entries. There are some fancier online journals that allow you to create and write to an online site that can be public or private. Try searching for "online journals" and you should find a few sites. The ones I did find were free. There is also some journaling software available. Again search for "journaling software" and you'll find it.

Blogging is an easy way to journal as well. Blogger.com is free and easy to set up and use. It will not be private but you can use it as a way to invite friends to see what you saw and read about your adventure. You can easily upload photos to the site and embed videos from YouTube. That would require a YouTube account as well but that's not difficult either. My blog evolved into my travel journal. . . well, one of my travel journals.

I love to make books. Could you tell? I'm a writer but I'm also a dabbler in photography. My favorite way to document our trips is through making a photo book. There are lots of sites: Shutterfly, Lulu, Picaboo, Snapfish, etc. My favorite and the one that I have had the best results with for a reasonable price is Shutterfly. The photo books are fun to assemble and allow you to add text so it can become a written as well as a photo journal. Here's one of my photo books:


Start your own Shutterfly Photo Book today.


Now stay with me. I want to put one more option out there for you. If you start a blog, there is also a way to have a photo book as well without assembling it yourself. Blog 2 Print will take whatever pages of your blog you designate and turn it into a written photo journal. They do a great job as well for a reasonable price.

And of course if you are a lover of scrapbooking, there is always that option.

Have I given you enough ideas? Have I missed a few? If so, leave me a comment and tell me what you do to keep your travel memories a treasure to be enjoyed.

Related posts:
Creative Travel Journaling - The View
                                        - The Tools
                                        - The Five Senses
                                        - Descriptive Language

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...